Paramount (formerly ViacomCBS) has announced a new expanded slate of programming coming to Paramount+, and it’s stacked with franchise extensions and all-new buzzworthy originals spanning must-see movies, scripted dramas, unscripted reality TV, comedy, kids and family, sports, news, specials, all coming to Paramount+.
In addition, The company announced that starting with 2024 film releases, Paramount+ will become the streaming home for all new Paramount Pictures movies in the U.S. following their theatrical runs.
Check out everything announced below.
- A Quiet Place – A Quiet Place Part III from John Krasinski, is confirmed for theatrical debut in 2025. As previously announced, the next installment of A Quiet Place from director Michael Sarnoski, based on an original idea from Krasinski, is set for release on September 22, 2023.
- Sonic the Hedgehog – the first-ever original live-action Sonic series, featuring the character Knuckles, voiced by Idris Elba, is in development to debut on Paramount+, setting up the third film installment in the flagship franchise.
- Spongebob Squarepants – a further expansion of the SpongeBob universe is coming exclusively to Paramount+ with three brand-new movies based on the show’s original characters, with the first dropping in 2023. In addition, a fourth SpongeBob release from Nickelodeon Animation is currently in development for theatrical release.
- Star Trek – the next theatrical film, with Matt Shakman directing and J.J. Abrams producing, will feature the original cast and new characters.
- Teen Wolf – the first-ever original production from MTV Entertainment Studios and MGM’s Orion Television, Paramount+ will reunite the original Teen Wolf cast for an exclusive full-length movie. Tyler Posey, Holland Roden, Shelley Hennig and Crystal Reed are set to reprise their iconic roles alongside Orny Adams, Linden Ashby, JR Bourne, Seth Gilliam, Colton Haynes, Ryan Kelley, Melissa Ponzio and Dylan Sprayberry. Additional names to be announced.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – a new era of TMNT-mania takes over in 2023 with a new animated take on the Turtles coming to theaters, produced by Point Grey Pictures’ Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg and directed by Jeff Rowe. Nickelodeon Animation will fast follow that film with a series of exclusive movies for Paramount+ beginning in 2023, each centering on one of the property’s storied villains in never-before-told tales.
- Transformers – the next chapter begins with Transformers: Rise of the Beasts in 2023, where director Steven Caple Jr. and star Anthony Ramos, will lead the first of three film installments of the iconic Hasbro property. Additionally, the previously announced Untitled Animated Transformers film, a Paramount/eOne co-production with Josh Cooley attached to direct, will debut in theaters on July 19, 2024.
Kids & Family
- Blue’s Big City Adventure – the now-announced animation/live-action hybrid title to this brand-new Blue’s Clues & You! movie from Nickelodeon Animation is set to premiere later this year and follows host Josh and Blue as they head to New York City, with the help of Steve and Joe, to audition for a big Broadway musical.
- Dora the Explorer – the preschool return of the groundbreaking Latina heroine in an all-new CG-animated series produced by Nickelodeon Animation, and featuring the beloved characters, plus key modernization to the storytelling, debuts in 2023.
Kids and Family live-action programming updates:
- Dora the Explorer– in addition to the character’s animated preschool return, now in development from Nickelodeon is the first-ever live-action Dora the Explorer series, inspired by the tone of Paramount Pictures’ 2019 Dora and the Lost City of Gold theatrical release, with this new version for Paramount+ targeting the tween demo.
- Beavis and Butthead – the duo is back and stupider than ever in an all-new series premiering across Paramount+ globally. Alongside this fresh take, the full 200+ episode Beavis and Butt-Head library and previously announced new film, Beavis and Butt-Head do the Universe, will also arrive on the service.
- South Park – the TV series will arrive on Paramount+ internationally as the exclusive SVOD home later this year with over 300 episodes. Additionally, South Park will begin rolling out on Paramount+ globally as the new exclusive SVOD home starting with Season 27 in 2024, and the full library is headed to Paramount+ U.S. in 2025.
- All Star Shore – a competition docu-series that will feature 14 of reality TV’s most iconic stars from around the world and television’s biggest series – including Jersey Shore Family Vacation, Love is Blind, RuPaul’s Drag Race, Geordie Shore, Acapulco Shore, Bachelor in Paradise and more – as they come together for an epic vacation at the ultimate Shore house in Gran Canaria, Spain, to battle it out for the grand prize and global bragging rights.
- Ink Master – the hit tattoo competition makes its premiere on Paramount+ in markets around the world with all-new episodes later this year. Featuring some of the nation’s top tattoo artists battling it out in permanent ink for $250,000 and the prized title of Ink Master, the competitors will test their technical skills and on-the-spot creativity in challenges unlike ever before.
- The Challenge: War of the Worlds – winners from four new Challenge series The Challenge: CBS (working title), The Challenge: Argentina, The Challenge: Australia and The Challenge: U.K. will advance to the first-ever globally connected tournament, The Challenge: War of the Worlds, and battle for the title of Challenge World Champion.
- The Real World Homecoming: New Orleans – the third installment of the hit original unscripted series will reunite original New Orleans cast members David “Tokyo” Broom, Melissa Howard, Jamie Murray, Danny Roberts, Matt Smith, Julie Stoffer and Kelley Wolf in “The Big Easy.” In addition, the original season of The Real World: New Orleans will be available to stream on Paramount+ beginning in April.
In addition to these all-new titles, seven upcoming iterations from The Shore franchise will launch on Paramount+ in territories around the globe, including Argentina Shore, Colombia Shore and Australian Shore, with more cities to be announced.
Paramount is also renewing some fan favorites including Queen of the Universe, RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, The Challenge: All Stars, Acapulco Shore, Geordie Shore: Return of the OGs and Rio Shore.
- 1932 – the next chapter of the Yellowstone origin story is ordered. Produced by MTV Entertainment Studios and 101 Studios, 1932 will follow a new generation of Duttons during the time of western expansion, Prohibition and the Great Depression.
- Land Man – Academy Award® winner Billy Bob Thornton has been tapped to lead the upcoming series as a crisis manager for an oil company. Land Man will be executive produced by Taylor Sheridan and David C. Glasser, Ron Burkle, Bob Yari, David Hutkin and Geyer Kosinski. The series will also be executive produced by Dan Friedkin, Jason Hoch, Scott Brown, and Megan Creydt.
- Lioness – Zoe Saldaña will play ‘Joe,’ a strong-willed, hard-nosed, station chief of the CIA’s Lioness Program, and the show will be executive produced by Taylor Sheridan, David C. Glasser, Ron Burkle, Bob Yari and David Hutkin. Tom Brady will also serve as executive producer and showrunner. Nicole Kidman, with her production company Blossom Films, Zoe Saldaña, Geyer Kosinski, and Jill Wagner are also set to executive produce.
- Tulsa King – previously announced and starring Sylvester Stallone, production begins March 2022 and the series will premiere this Fall.
New expansions of the most popular prime-time entertainment include:
- NCIS: Sydney – a new original series from one of the biggest and most successful global franchises. The series, which is slated for 2023, will feature local stories with Australian actors and producers, and will be filmed in one of the world’s most scenic harbor cities. Shane Brennan, the Aussie creator of NCIS: Los Angeles, is attached.
- Seal Team Movie – CBS will also expand the storytelling universe for the hit Paramount+ drama SEAL Team, producing a stand-alone movie for the streaming service.
The post All the New Content Announced During Paramount’s Investor Day appeared first on Cord Cutters News.
Source: Cord Cutters News