Hey everyone! Lately, people have been asking me about the best things to watch for Mother’s Day. Luckily, I consider streaming among my favorite past times so I’ve highlighted some fantastic entertainment choices you can watch to celebrate Mom. Whether you’re looking for something for free or wanting to take advantage or Premium Subscriptions, we’ve got something for you!
Q: Hey Abby, what are some of the best FREE entertainment to watch for Mother’s Day?
A: The Roku Channel is my number one place to check out what’s new. With more that 10,000 movies and TV episodes to choose from, it can be tough to choose just one! Thankfully, The Roku Channel’s got you covered with some awesome Mom-centric collections. Here’s a little sampling…
Want to checkout scope on some heartthrobs? Check out the “Mom’s Movie Boyfriend” collection with films such as:
- — Harrison Ford as the original Jack Ryan, enough said
- — Sean Connery‘s accent is always a draw
- — And I….will always want to watch Kevin Costner
- –– There’s nothing like a good chuckle with funny man, Eddie Murphy
The “Brunch with a Side of Tears” collection is sure to fill you up with emotions with films like:
- — Because sometimes you don’t want food, you want love
- — Because at some point, we’ve all dated someone our mother doesn’t like
- — Because you you know he’s DEFINITELY going to fall in love
- — Because it’s more than just your mom’s favorite karaoke song
Feeling a little non-traditional? Check out some of our favorite “Unconventional Families”
- –– Crazy cat videos never get old
- — Daniel! Need I say more?!
- — Single mom-ing is no joke, or is it?
- — When your mom’s not a regular mom, she’s like a cool mom — or so she thinks….
Q: Hey Abby, what are some of the best Premium Subscriptions entertainment to watch this Mother’s Day?
A: With one-click sign up, there’s no reason you shouldn’t take advantage of the free trials that come with Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel. Plus, these collections crack me up!
“Moms You Love to Hate” is sure to give you the heebie-jeebies with films such as:
- (STARZ)– Remember, no wire hangers!
- (Lifetime Movie Club) — Nana isn’t so nice…
- (STARZ) — Never get on mom’s nerves
- (HBO) — Because problems always start long before you really, really see them
The campaign is on with “Voted Best TV Mom” with shows including:
- (HBO) — “Sometimes I’m just holding onto this idea of perfection so tight, something has to give.”
- (SHOWTIME) — When mom wishes there were more of her, I don’t think she meant this…
- (HBO) — Relationships between mother and daughter can be as complicated as politics
- (SHOWTIME) — Tutu.
Cheer on “Unstoppable Movie Moms” with films like:
- (STARZ) — Mama bear is an understatement
- (HBO) — There’s no one quite like Donna
- (Cinemax) — A mother’s love knows no bounds or billboards
- (EPIX) — Respect, Evelyn Abbott, respect.
The post #HeyAbby: What are the best films/TV shows to watch with Mom for Mother’s Day? appeared first on The Official Roku Blog.
Source: Official Roku Website