“How can I watch local channels on my Roku device?”
This is one of the most common questions we field from Roku customers, especially cord cutters. Local channels are no longer the missing piece to your streaming experience – there are more options than ever before!
Check out the channel suggestions below — you may just find your next favorite channel.
How to watch local news (TV) on Roku devices:
- Popular live TV services fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and YouTube TV deliver local channels in select markets. If you’re interested in CBS specifically, CBS All Access offers over 150 live and local CBS channels. Note: these channel require a monthly subscription.
- NewsON (free) offers live and on-demand local newscasts and local news clips from in 170+ markets. What’s cool about this channel is you can switch to different locations around the country. If you’re missing your hometown newscasters, this is the channel for you!
- Haystack TV (free) delivers a personalized feed of local & world news from 200+ trusted TV channels. A unique feature Haystack offers is choosing your location, preferred news sources, and the ability to follow trending topics.
- LocalNow (requires participating TV provider subscription after 30-day free trial) provides hyper-local weather, traffic, news and sports info from over 200 locations across the country.
- Be sure to browse the “News & Weather” category of the Roku Channel Store and look for your local affiliates. Today there are 100+ free local news channels including WGN Chicago, KHOU Houston, FOX25 Boston and WSB Atlanta.
How to listen to local news (radio) on Roku devices:
- iHeartRadio and TuneIn (both free) bring your hometown DJs and favorite local stations to you – no matter where you are! Listen to music, sports radio, podcasts and more.
How to watch local channels via antenna:
- Depending on your location, you may be able to receive over-the-air broadcasts from all of the major networks like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and PBS via an antenna. Learn how an antenna can complement your Roku experience.
- Tablo TV (additional hardware is required) enhances your antenna viewing experience by enabling you to watch and record live OTA TV.
- If you have a Roku TV, learn more about our Live TV Pause feature that allows you to pause up to 90 minutes of live television!
Get weather coverage on your Roku device:
- While the channels in the local news section above cover local weather, the must-add channels for weather junkies are WeatherNation and The Weather Network (both free). They offer local weather forecasts tailored for you and watch hourly and extended forecasts based on your location. WeatherNation on The Roku Channel also offers a live 24/7 stream of national weather news.
Happy local streaming!
The post How to watch local channels, news and weather on your Roku devices appeared first on The Official Roku Blog.
Source: Official Roku Website