It’s Halloween all month long on The Roku Channel! Scary movie season has officially arrived, which means it’s time to (trick or) treat yourself to something spooky. From seriously terrifying horror films, to cult classics, and everything in between, consider The Roku Channel your destination for all-things-Halloween this October.
Read on to find out how you can experience the magic and fun of Halloween from the comfort of your couch.
Free frightening flicks
The Roku Channel has thousands of free movies available on a monthly basis, but this October, we’re highlighting some flicks that range from mildly scary to downright chilling!
- Cloverfield – A group of friends venture deep into the streets of New York on a rescue mission during a rampaging monster attack.
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street – The infamous story of Benjamin Barker, aka Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barber shop in London which is the basis for a sinister partnership with his fellow tenant, Mrs. Lovett.
- Night of the Living Dead – A ragtag group of Pennsylvanians barricade themselves in an old farmhouse to remain safe from a bloodthirsty, flesh-eating breed of monsters who are ravaging the East Coast of the United States.
- Children of the Corn – A young couple is trapped in a remote town where a dangerous religious cult of children believes that everyone over age 18 must be killed.
- House on Haunted Hill – A millionaire offers $10,000 to five people who agree to be locked in a large, spooky, rented house overnight with him and his wife.
Free screams for 14 days
Some of our Premium Subscription partners are offering a limited-time 14 day FREE trial in time for Halloween. Make sure to redeem before October 11, 2020 to take advantage of these offers!
- Shudder ($5.99 after a 14 day free trial) – Referred to as the “Netflix of Horror” by Vice, Shudder offers exclusive Horror, Thriller and Supernatural movies & series. Stream the entire library ad-free and uncut!
- Monsters & Nightmares ($2.99 after a 14 day free trial) – Get your fix of the latest and greatest horror, thriller, sci-fi and nightmare-inducing movies! Prepare yourself for mayhem! Available in one location, on your TV or across devices, subscribe and watch at any time!
- ScreamBox – ($4.99 after a 14 day free trial) – Screambox delivers every type of terror, from Supernatural, Slashers, and Classics, to Zombies, Psychological, Underground and more. Discover horror you won’t find anywhere else.
Free family fun
Unlike some of the titles we highlighted earlier, this collection of family friendly films won’t keep you up all night.
- The Little Vampire – A lonely American boy living in Scotland makes a new best friend, a fellow nine year-old who happens to be a vampire.
- The Dog Who Saved Halloween – A talking dog encounters a haunted house, a creepy neighbor and a scary canine.
- Clue – Six guests are anonymously invited to a strange mansion for dinner, but after their host is killed, they must cooperate with the staff to identify the murderer as the bodies pile up.
- Little Monsters – A boy discovers an incredible and gruesome world of monsters under his bed.
Free non-stop Halloween marathons
This month, we’re teaming up with some of our Live TV on The Roku Channel partners to host marathons that will keep the chills going around the clock.
- October 17-18th – Unsolved Mysteries Scare-A-Thon on Unsolved Mysteries
- October 24-25th – Young Dracula Marathon Weekend on FilmRise Family
- October 25th – Hallowstream Party on Kidoodle.TV
- October 30th – Devil’s Night on Bloody Disgusting TV
- October 31st – Halloween Movie Marathon hosted by YouTuber Vanessa Decker on Bloody Disgusting TV
Free spooky Roku home screen theme
Whether or not you go trick or treating this year, we’re bringing Halloween to your home screen with a fun, pumpkin-filled theme. Keep an eye on your Roku devices later this month and let us know what you think.
Source: Official Roku Website