Amazon and the WNBA have announced a new multi-year deal that gives Prime Video exclusive streaming rights to 16 games per season, plus coverage of the Commissioner’s Cup Game. In a press release issued on Wednesday, the WNBA said the deal includes rights to stream a WNBA game every week during the regular season, starting with a May 29th matchup between the Atlanta Dream and the New York Liberty.
“The WNBA is one of the premier professional sports leagues in the world and serves as an inspiration to millions of young and aspiring athletes everywhere,” Marie Donoghue, vice president of Global Sports Video at Amazon, said in a press release. “I am delighted we are bringing these outstanding athletes and games to Prime Video.”
The deal also includes streaming rights to the upcoming Commissioner’s Cup, an in-season competition that will culminate in a championship game on Aug. 12th.
While the full duration of the “multi-year” deal wasn’t divulged in this week’s press release, the WNBA did share a full streaming schedule of this year’s regular season games (all times Eastern):
- Saturday, May 29 – Atlanta @ New York, 2 p.m.
- Friday, June 4 – Dallas @ Seattle, 10 p.m.
- Saturday, June 12 – Chicago @ Indiana, 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 16 – Phoenix @ Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 22 – Chicago @ New York, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 30 – Las Vegas @ Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 1 – Connecticut @ Indiana, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 7 – Phoenix @ Las Vegas, 10 p.m.
- Saturday, July 10 – Washington @ Chicago, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 17 – Minnesota @ Connecticut, 7 p.m.
- Friday, August 20 – Seattle @ New York, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 26 – Dallas @ Washington, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 31 – New York @ Minnesota, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 2 – New York @ Seattle, 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 7 – Connecticut @ Dallas, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 16 – Los Angeles @ Atlanta, 7 p.m.
Featured image: WNBA
The post Prime Video’s New Multi-Year Deal With the WNBA Includes Weekly Live Game Streams appeared first on Cord Cutters News.
Source: Cord Cutters News