During the IAB Newfront virtual presentation today, Tubi
made a series of announcements, including new content that will add to Tubi’s
free content lineup.
“This is a pivotal time for Tubi, and for the broader
AVOD space, as our relationship with FOX paves the way for a massive
opportunity,” said Farhad Massoudi, CEO of Tubi. “Tubi and FOX
proudly share a core ad-supported business model, with each complementing the
other and seeking to provide our partners the best possible ad experience.
We’re excited to expand on our mission in democratizing content for consumers
and embodying the power of free.”
Here’s the new content coming to Tubi, with some shows and
movies available to stream free for the first time.
- LEGO Masters –The entire first season of FOX’s LEGO Masters, television’s #1 new entertainment series and #1 co-viewed entertainment program, will begin streaming on Tubi this fall. In LEGO Masters, teams of two LEGO enthusiasts go head-to-head, with infinite possibilities and an unlimited supply of LEGO bricks. Throughout the competition, host Will Arnett and expert judges encourage the amateur builders, introduce incredible challenges, and put the creations to the test. The competing pairs who impress the judges the most progress to the next round, until the finale, during which the top teams face off for a cash prize, the ultimate LEGO trophy and the grand title of LEGO Master. LEGO Masters’ February premiere was the 2019-20 season’s #1 broadcast debut (excluding post-NFL) and #1 broadcast launch in over a year.
- The LEGO Company – The iconic toy company is bringing some of their most popular franchises to Tubi Kids starting in July. Included will be content from brands such as Ninjago, the epic story of teenage ninjas battling dark forces; LEGO City, which chronicles the delightfully silly and dynamic slices of life in a LEGO metropolis; LEGO Friends, a show about a group of friends to make the world a better place, starting with their hometown; and Nexo Knights, following five young knights who must protect their kingdom from the threat of Lava Monsters.
- Mattel – Tubi will also begin offering content featuring some of the most beloved characters from Mattel starting in July. Titles include Barbie Dreamtopia, in which a young girl learns valuable lessons with Barbie in a magical land, Monster High, following four teenage monsters who travel the world and solve mysteries together, Enchantimals, which tells the story of a group of girls and their animal friends, and WellieWishers from American Girl, following five young girls who are out to make the world a kinder, friendlier place.
- Garfield – We all hate Mondays and love lasagna. This famous cat will be coming to Tubi Kids with 12 Primetime Emmy nominated specials, including Garfield’s Halloween Adventure, Garfield’s Thanksgiving, A Garfield Christmas, Garfield Goes Hollywood, and more from 9 Story Media Group starting in July.
- Anpanman – Through a deal with TMS Entertainment, making its English and Spanish language debut and available exclusively on Tubi, are six movies featuring Anpanman, one of the most recognized animated characters in Asia and the most popular character among both boys and girls in Japan. Anpanman is so popular that the K-Pop band BTS wrote a song about him. The Anpanman franchise has generated over $60 billion in merchandising sales. Anpanman is a superhero whose head is an anpan, a popular Japanese pastry. He is a champion of justice and flies anywhere to help those in trouble. The movies will be available starting this fall.
- Henchmen – From Vertical Entertainment and BRON, the production company behind the popular animated movie The Willoughbys and the upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife, is the family-friendly film Henchmen, about a young man who dreams of becoming a supervillain. Henchmen, a 2020 release with a star-studded voice cast including James Marsden, Rosario Dawson and Craig Robinson, will be available on Tubi starting in December, exclusively and for the first time anywhere for free.
- Monster Family – Also coming to Tubi is Monster Family, a family-friendly animated comedy starring the voice talent of Emily Watson, Jason Isaacs, and Nick Frost, following a family whose Halloween is turned upside down when they are turned into actual monsters. Monster Family will be available for the first time free, exclusively on Tubi starting October 1. From Viva Pictures.
- Big Fish & Begonia – Another animated film, Big Fish & Begonia, will be available exclusively on Tubi starting in November for the first time for free. The animated fantastical film from China, which earned $90M in the global box office, follows the story of a teenage girl who transforms into a dolphin. From Shout! Factory.
- The Magic Brush – Making its US premiere exclusively on Tubi this fall, and for the first time in both English and Spanish, is The Magic Brush. This animated feature, which received creative and technological advice from Disney China, is based on a Chinese legend about a boy whose brush makes whatever he paints come alive and garners the attention of a power-hungry general. From All Rights Entertainment.
In addition to new titles, Tubi is adding a new section to the app. As the next phase of expanding the most diverse library of content later this year, Tubi will launch a dedicated Spanish-language destination within the Tubi app called Tubi en Español which will contain over 800 titles – representing more than 3,000 hours of content – a deeply immersive experience unparalleled in streaming.
Tubi is available on Android and iOS mobile devices, Amazon Echo Show, Google Nest Hub Max, Comcast Xfinity X1, Cox Contour, and on OTT devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Vizio TVs, Sony TVs, Samsung TVs, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, and soon on Hisense TVs globally. Consumers can also watch Tubi content on the web.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
The post Tubi Announces a Slate of New Content and A Spanish Language Section appeared first on Cord Cutters News.
Source: Cord Cutters News