Discovery+ is set to cross the border and launch up North later this month. The streaming platform dedicated to non-fiction, real life content will launch in Canada on Tuesday, October 19.
Canadian audiences will have access to iconic franchises such as Fixer Upper: Welcome Home, 90 Day: The Single Life and Naked and Afraid Of Love, along with discovery+ originals like Unseamly: The Investigation of Peter Nygard and No Responders Left Behind. plus content from personalities like Guy Fieri, Dr. Pimple Popper, Drew and Jonathan Scott and more.
In addition, more than 1,000 episodes of Discovery’s most popular series will have French subtitles at launch.
A discovery+ subscription will start at $4.99 CAD per month, with an ad-free version available for $6.99 CAD per month. Each account will include up to five user profiles and four concurrent streams.
At launch, discovery+ will be available on the following platforms and devices in Canada:
- Amazon Fire TV streaming devices and Fire TV Smart TVs
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV HD & Apple TV 4K
- Google devices and platforms including Android™ phones and tablets, Google TV™ and other Android TV™ OS devices, and Google Chromecast™ and Chromecast built-in™ devices
- Microsoft Store on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S devices
- The Roku platform
- Samsung Smart TVs (2017 and newer)
Source: Cord Cutters News