Disney+ saw one of its highest profile premieres last week with the release of WandaVision. The streamer’s first Marvel Studios scripted TV series debuted January 15 and was viewed by 1.6 million households that first weekend.
According to a Samba TV report, 1.1 million households watched both of the two episodes released, while ~346,000 only watched episode 1. Strangely enough, ~75,000 households skipped the first episode and moved right on to episode 2.
New episodes of the show will drop every Friday through March 5, 2021.
Here’s the full WandaVision Season 1 release schedule:
- Episode 1: Friday, January 15 – Available Now
- Episode 2: Friday, January 15 – Available Now
- Episode 3: Friday, January 22
- Episode 4: Friday, January 29
- Episode 5: Friday, February 5
- Episode 6: Friday, February 12
- Episode 7: Friday, February 19
- Episode 8: Friday, February 26
- Episode 9: Friday, March 5 – Season 1 Finale
WandaVision drew in a good sized audience for its premiere with 655,000 housholds streaming on Friday Jan, 15, the day it was added to Disney+. However, The Mandalorian still beats out the Marvel limited series with 1.04 million U.S. households tuning in for its season 2 premiere on Oct. 30. 2020.
The post Disney+’s ‘WandaVision’ was Streamed by 1.6M Households Its Premiere Weekend appeared first on Cord Cutters News.
Source: Cord Cutters News