Now that it’s October, there’s something in the air that makes us want to watch more scary movies. FilmRise is here to keep you on the edge of your seat all month long with classic cult favorites like Prom Night starring Jamie Lee Curtis, real-life spooky stories in Unsolved Mysteries, and all the scariest Halloween titles on the FilmRise App for free.
Here are some highlights of what to watch this month on FilmRise:
Halloween Weekend Marathons
“Unsolved Mysteries” Scare-A-Thon – October 17th – 18th
Available on The Roku Channel
A two-day marathon of the creepiest “Unsolved Mysteries” episodes we have to offer. As part of the marathon, we’re letting “Unsolved Mysteries” fans choose the evening lineup. All they have to do is look for FilmRise’s post later today 10/8 and submit their choices. Then they can tune in that weekend to see which episodes we picked
“Young Dracula” Marathon – October 25th – 31st
Available on The Roku Channel
Bringing us into Halloween, a marathon of the beloved BBC comedy that follows single dad Count Dracula as he moves to modern-day Britain from Transylvania with his two children, Vlad and Ingrid. To his father’s horror, Vlad – the show’s eponymous hero – wants not to bite, but rather to fit in with his new-found British friends, but it’s not easy when you are one of the undead.
FilmRise Free Movies Channel (Available on The Roku Channel, XUMO, IMDb TV, Samsung TV Plus, TiVO+, Redbox Free Live TV, and Vizio):
- PROM NIGHT (1980, Starring Jamie Lee Curtis) At a high school senior prom, a masked killer stalks four teenagers who were responsible for the accidental death of a classmate six years previously.
- DAY OF THE DEAD (2008, Starring Nick Cannon) When a small Colorado town is overrun by the flesh hungry dead a small group of survivors try to escape in a last ditch effort to stay alive.
- THE PROPHECY (1995, Starring Christopher Walken and Viggo Mortensen) The archangel, Gabriel comes to Earth to collect a soul which will end the stalemated war in Heaven, and only a former priest-turned-cop, a teacher and a little girl can stop him.
- GINGER SNAPS (2000) Two death-obsessed sisters, outcasts in their suburban neighborhood, must deal with the tragic consequences when one of them is bitten by a deadly werewolf.
FilmRise Family Channel (Available on The Roku Channel, IMDb TV, Samsung TV Plus, TiVo+, Redbox Free Live TV, Vizio):
- “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” (1996, Starring Melissa Joan Hart) When a sixteen-year-old high school student finds out she’s a witch, her two aunts offer guidance on how to control her newly-discovered magical powers.
- “The Canterville Ghost” (1996, Starring Patrick Stewart and Neve Campbell) When an American family moves into a haunted mansion in England, the family’s teenage daughter could be the key in fulfilling a prophecy and finally set the house’s ghost free.
- “Young Dracula” (2006-2014) Single dad Count Dracula moves to modern-day Britain from Transylvania with his two children, Vlad and Ingrid. To his father’s horror, Vlad – the show’s eponymous hero – wants not to bite, but rather to fit in with his new-found British friends, but it’s not easy when you are one of the undead.
FilmRise Sci-Fi Channel (Available on The Roku Channel, Samsung TV Plus, Redbox Free Live TV, and Vizio):
- “Being Human” – UK Version (2008-2013) A werewolf, a vampire and a ghost try to live together and get along.
- “Blood Ties” (2007) Vicki Nelson, a former homicide detective turned private investigator, and Henry Fitzroy, a 470-year-old vampire, form a unique team solving cases and dealing with the supernatural world.
- “George A. Romero Presents Deadtime Stories Vol. 1 & 2” (2009, 2011) An anthology of three horror stories presented by George Romero. In “Quota,” a pair of young lovers drive to Lovers’ Leap, only to be attacked by a mysterious creature. In “Wet,” a lonely man finds an empty box on the beach and opens it, with disastrous results. In “Valley of the Shadow,” a woman searches for her missing husband in the jungles of South America, only to be in great danger herself.
- CROCODILE (2000, Directed by Tobe Hooper) A group of college friends are attacked by a giant, man-eating crocodile while on spring break.
The post FilmRise has Spooky Movie Marathons For Free All Month Long appeared first on Cord Cutters News.
Source: Cord Cutters News