UFC superstar Connor McGregor makes his long-awaited return to the Octagon at UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2. Less than 7 months after shocking the world and announcing his retirement on social media, the Notorious One will step back into the Octagon in a rematch from UFC 178 where he defeated Dustin “ The Diamond” Poirier by TKO. A lot has changed since their last bout over 6 years ago. At the time, both fighters were Featherweights, and now they’re competing in the Lightweight division. McGregor has been in the news this week due to a string of lawsuits in the lead up to tonight’s fight that has caught people’s attention and may alter his focus.
UFC 257 is a loaded card with 11 fights across multiple divisions. The women of UFC will be on full display with 2 matchups that will alter the future of two divisions when the #6 and #7 ranked women’s flyweight and the #8 and #10 ranked women’s strawweight.
Saturday’s fights will take place at the Etihad Arena on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates aka “Fight Island.” There will be a limited number of fans in attendance; however, cord cutters can find out how to watch UFC 257 below.
When to Watch
Early prelims start Saturday, January 23, at 7 p.m. ET with the main card beginning at 10 p.m. ET.
Where to Watch
You can watch all of the prelims on ESPN and ESPN+. UFC Fight Pass subscribers can also watch the early prelims.
The main card is a pay-per-view event that existing ESPN+ subscribers can purchase for $69.99, and new subscribers can save 30% by purchasing UFC 257 and signing up to the ESPN+ Annual Plan for $89.98. Click here to sign up.
What’s the Schedule?
Early Prelims — Beginning at 7 p.m. ET
- Movsar Evloev (13-0) vs. Nik Lentz (30-11-2) [Catchweight bout]
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov (13-4) vs. #15 Amir Albazi (13-1) [Flyweight bout]
Prelims — Beginning at 8 p.m. ET
- Khalil Rountree Jr. (9-4) vs. Marcin Prachino (13-5) [Lightweight bout]
- #9 Sara McMann (12-5) vs. #7 Julianna Pena (10-4) [Women’s Bantamweight bout]
- Brad Tavares (17-7) vs. Antonio Carlos Junior (11-4) [Middleweight bout]
- Arman Tsarukyan (15-2) vs. Matt Frevola (11-3) [Lightweight bout]
Main Card— Beginning at 10 p.m. ET
- #4 Conor McGregor (24-4) vs. #2 Dustin Poirier (26-6, 1NC) [Lightweight bout]
- #6 Dan Hooker (20-9) vs. Michael Chandler (21-5) [Lightweight bout]
- #7 Joanne Calderwood (14-4) vs. #6 Jessica Eye (15-8) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
- Makhmud Muradov (24-6) vs. Andrew Sanchez (12-5) [Middleweight bout]
- #8 Marina Rodriguez (21-1-2) vs. #10 Amanda Ribas (10-1) [Women’s Strawweight bout]
Catch all of the combat action live from the Octagon and save 30% by purchasing UFC 257 and signing up to the ESPN+ Annual Plan for $89.98.
Featured Image: ESPN
The post How to Watch UFC 257 Poirier vs. McGregor on Saturday, January 23 appeared first on Cord Cutters News.
Source: Cord Cutters News