Today, we are delighted to unveil the 2019 Roku streaming player lineup. New versions of the Roku Express, offering easy HD streaming in a sleek, new form factor, and the Roku Ultra, featuring fast channel launch and a remote with personal shortcut buttons, are now available for pre-order. Five additional streaming players round out the lineup.
We’re also rolling out Roku OS 9.2, the latest version of our operating system, with updates to improve your streaming experience on the Roku platform.
The new Roku Express is 10% smaller than its predecessor and is designed to blend in when connected to your TV. It can also be powered by most TVs if an outlet isn’t nearby. Additional features of the Roku Express include smooth HD streaming, a simple remote, and a high-speed HDMI cable is included in the package.
The new Roku Ultra remains our ultimate streaming player, delivering brilliant HD, 4K, and HDR picture quality, our best wireless performance, USB port for local media playback, lost remote finder, and more. New features include fast channel launch, which gets you to your entertainment faster by improving launch times for top channels on the Roku platform, and personal shortcut buttons on the enhanced voice remote that offer personalization and one-touch control of your entertainment.
The Roku streaming player lineup
As with all of our current generation devices, the new Roku streaming player lineup comes equipped with the Roku OS. The Roku OS is designed for fast, easy access to the entertainment you love and to help you discover free TV, hit movies, top streaming channels, and more. Features like Roku Voice, The Roku Channel to stream free live news, sports, movies, and shows, Featured Free with the best free entertainment across top channels right on your home screen, a free mobile app, and more make the Roku OS your ticket to endless entertainment. With access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes across both free and paid channels, plus millions of songs, it’s never been easier to discover and enjoy what you want, when you want.
- Roku Express (MSRP $29.99) – Features an even smaller form factor and offers easy HD streaming
- Roku Express+ (MSRP $39.99) – Features the new sleek form factor and a voice remote with TV controls, available exclusively at Walmart
- Roku Premiere (MSRP $39.99) – Delivers easy HD, 4K, and HDR streaming with a simple remote
- Roku Streaming Stick+ (MSRP $59.99) – Offers powerful, portable HD, 4K, and HDR streaming with the long-range wireless receiver and a voice remote with TV controls
- Roku Streaming Stick+ HE (MSRP $59.99) – Available exclusively at Best Buy and includes an enhanced voice remote with a headphone jack and headphones for private listening
- Roku Ultra LT (MSRP $79.99) – A Walmart exclusive featuring HD, 4K, and HDR streaming, ethernet, 802.11ac MIMO dual-band wireless, an enhanced voice remote and headphones
- Roku Ultra (MSRP $99.99) – Delivers brilliant HD, 4K, and HDR picture quality, our best wireless, premium JBL headphones, an Ethernet port, and new features such as fast channel launch and personal shortcut buttons
What you should know:
Some channels require payment and can change and vary by country.
4K/HDR streaming requires 4K/HDR content and a compatible 4K/HDR TV.
TV power and volume buttons work with most TVs.
Source: Official Roku Website