The Roku Channel is building its library of free movies again this month, with 34 new titles. This month, catch the Wes Anderson classic The Royal Tenenbaums, crime thriller Training Day, and four titles exclusive to The Roku Channel being added throughout the month.
- Charlie’s Angels – Three women, detectives with a mysterious boss, retrieve stolen voice-ID software, using martial arts, tech skills, and sex appeal.
- Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle – The Angels investigate a series of murders which occur after the theft of a witness protection profile database.
- The Last Boy Scout – A private detective’s protected female witness is murdered, prompting him and the victim’s boyfriend to investigate the crime that leads to a corrupt politician and a crooked football team owner.
- Rambo – In Thailand, John Rambo joins a group of mercenaries to venture into war-torn Burma, and rescue a group of Christian aid workers who were kidnapped by the ruthless local infantry unit.
- 127 Hours – A mountain climber becomes trapped under a boulder while canyoneering alone near Moab, Utah and resorts to desperate measures in order to survive.
- All the Money in the World – The story of the kidnapping of 16-year-old John Paul Getty III and the desperate attempt by his devoted mother to convince his billionaire grandfather Jean Paul Getty to pay the ransom.
- The Beach – On vacation in Thailand, Richard sets out for an island rumored to be a solitary beach paradise.
- Concussion – In Pittsburgh, accomplished pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu uncovers the truth about brain damage in football players who suffer repeated concussions in the course of normal play.
- The Last King of Scotland – Based on the events of the brutal Ugandan dictator Idi Amin’s regime as seen by his personal physician during the 1970s.
- Mud – Two young boys encounter a fugitive and form a pact to help him evade the vigilantes that are on his trail and to reunite him with his true love.
- Mystic River – The lives of three men who were childhood friends are shattered when one of them has a family tragedy.
- Nixon – A biographical story of former U.S. President Richard Nixon, from his days as a young boy, to his eventual Presidency, which ended in shame.
- Snowden – The NSA’s illegal surveillance techniques are leaked to the public by one of the agency’s employees, Edward Snowden, in the form of thousands of classified documents distributed to the press.
- Training Day – A rookie cop spends his first day as a Los Angeles narcotics officer with a rogue detective who isn’t what he appears to be.
- Walk the Line – A chronicle of country music legend Johnny Cash’s life, from his early days on an Arkansas cotton farm to his rise to fame with Sun Records in Memphis, where he recorded alongside Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins.
- The American President – A widowed U.S. President running for reelection and an environmental lobbyist fall in love. It’s all above-board, but “politics is perception,” and sparks fly anyway.
- Sleepless in Seattle – A recently widowed man’s son calls a radio talk-show in an attempt to find his father a partner.
- Under the Tuscan Sun – A writer impulsively buys a villa in Tuscany in order to change her life.
- The Wedding Singer – Robbie, a singer, and Julia, a waitress, are both engaged, but to the wrong people. Fortune intervenes to help them discover each other.
- Beetlejuice – The spirits of a deceased couple are harassed by an unbearable family that has moved into their home, and hire a malicious spirit to drive them out.
- Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) – A washed-up superhero actor attempts to revive his fading career by writing, directing, and starring in a Broadway production.
- Eddie the Eagle – The story of Eddie Edwards, the notoriously tenacious British underdog ski jumper who charmed the world at the 1988 Winter Olympics.
- Little Miss Sunshine – A family determined to get their young daughter into the finals of a beauty pageant take a cross-country trip in their VW bus.
- Raising Arizona – When a childless couple of an ex-con and an ex-cop decide to help themselves to one of another family’s quintuplets, their lives become more complicated than they anticipated.
- The Replacements – During a pro football strike, the owners hire substitute players.
- The Royal Tenenbaums – The eccentric members of a dysfunctional family reluctantly gather under the same roof for various reasons.
- Sideways – Two men reaching middle age with not much to show but disappointment embark on a week-long road trip through California’s wine country, just as one is about to take a trip down the aisle.
- The Single Moms Club – When five struggling single moms put aside their differences to form a support group, they find inspiration and laughter in their new sisterhood, and help each other overcome the obstacles that stand in their way.
- Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection – A Wall Street investment banker who has been set up as the linchpin of his company’s mob-backed Ponzi scheme is relocated with his family to Aunt Madea’s southern home.
- Monster House – Three teens discover that their neighbor’s house is really a living, breathing, scary monster.
Exclusive to The Roku Channel
- Dead Earth (2/1) – Two young women’s plans to try to live a normal life in isolation after a world ending apocalypse go awry when they are discovered.
- Singleholic (2/11) – Story of a woman who moves to Mauritius to complete her PhD after a painful breakup with her boyfriend. While there, she goes on a series of dating encounters only to realize that the key to happiness is for her to first be comfortable in her own skin.
- Crazy About You (2/11) – Dumped by his girlfriend and sponsored by media scoundrel Brian King, desolate Jake walks all-but-naked up Western Australia’s coast for charity, in the hope his gesture will win back Jasmine, until he meets mesmerizing backpacker Valerie.
- Every Last One of Them (2/19) – A man looking for his missing daughter, but his search uncovers a larger conspiracy involving a Chinatown-derail big capitalism deal over water rights.
The post The Roku Channel is Adding 34 New Movies to Its Free Streaming Lineup This Month appeared first on Cord Cutters News.
Source: Cord Cutters News